View Single Post
Old 05-14-2009, 05:56 PM   #53
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
They seem to require you to put in the type of device. From that they can tell if your unit supports DRM or not. You can enter multiple devices if you wish.

Dale
"Supports DRM" is not the same as "your device can read this ebook." I don't have ADE registered (and am not planning to do so), and don't have Microsoft Reader installed on my computer--but when I add PC to the list, it shows me books in Microsoft Reader. (Including public domain books that they only offer in MS Reader.)

I understand that they're expecting users to just buy books and push "install whatever I need to read this" buttons, but I don't have to like it.

And, of course, since they don't mention the existence of DRM at all, there's no way to tell which of their books are and aren't DRM'd.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote