View Single Post
Old 01-24-2009, 12:21 PM   #8
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Just to be clear, I don't think this is a problem of the mobipocket format (but maybe it is, I don't know). It is a "problem" of the mobiperl scripts, which Tompe created, and maybe it is not trivial to fix (or he needs some motivation ). I'm very grateful to him for creating this tool, anyway.

It might happen that mobigen (or whatever its name is) does not have the same behaviour, but if I understand the web page correctly, it will always reduce the image size below ~64kB. With mobiperl, at least, I know how to prevent this quality reduction, and I know the resulting mobi file works fine in the desktop reader and in the Cybook.

If this problem is solved, I may try again having the full-size images in line. And I'll probably do it that way with the ePUB version (if I live long enough to do it ).
I do not get why this is a problem. The reader would be very stupidly written if it used more internal memory just because of that. The reason I have not fixed it yet is that I cannot see how it matters when we have 2G cards to store the books on.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote