View Single Post
Old 06-04-2012, 08:02 PM   #1
tanteoma
Enthusiast
tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.tanteoma is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Is the epub-mobi/mobi-epub convertion "lossless"?

I used to read on my iphone so I had most of my ebooks as epubs. Then I got a kindle touch which I loved very much in the beginning. I also happened to have a lot of free time on hand a few months ago, so I converted all my books into mobi via calibre and later when my neatness fixation kicked in, I deleted the original epubs. Now I'm switching back to reading on iphone and want my epubs back again.

So my question is, how much does it lose to convert a file from epub to mobi and vice versa? Is it a lossless convertion or a lossy one? My books are mostly literary fiction without complicated diagrams or special characters and I don't mind the occasional screw-ups in format as long as I can understand the books. Should I just convert the mobi files back to epubs or would I be better advised to find and re-download those original epubs again?

Many thanks to you in advance!
tanteoma is offline   Reply With Quote