Thread: Book's cover
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 09:53 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huigh View Post
I have a similar problem. Downloaded book from Gutenberg into Calibre. Somehow, by clicking on the wrong icon at the right time, I have wound up with a hideous cover (a blue thing that looks like a primitive hand-held games machine) instead of the right one. Went into the Edit Metadata area and got a pretty cover from one of the searched sources there. It appears as the cover in Calibre but every time I try to download it to the Kindle Fire, it comes up with the same hideous cover despite the fact that I have removed the original download from the Fire several times. The nice cover appears on the page after the hideous one when I open the book on the Fire.

How do I change the cover on the bookshelf on the Kindle Fire please? I've been banging my head against this wall for hours now!
When you change the cover on a Mobi book, you must do a "Mobi to Mobi" conversion in Calibre to make the new cover "stick" to the book.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote