View Single Post
Old 03-05-2008, 08:35 AM   #1
pvdv
Enthusiast
pvdv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvdv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvdv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvdv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvdv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvdv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvdv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvdv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvdv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvdv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvdv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Aura HD, BeBook Neo
filesize smaller when using Mobigen instead of Creator?

I have two questions concerning conversions to Mobipocket format (from .LIT). I converted "The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire, Volume I" (of three volumes)

1) Why is the filesize so much smaller when using Mobigen, as opposed to Mobipocket Creator? I used both last night and the size was about 1 MB smaller : 3,7 MB to 2,8 MB....
I didn't use any cmd-line options with Mobigen.
Just "Mobigen.exe filename.opf".

With Creator i used the normal compression scheme.. no Huffdic compression used in either case. There were also a lot of images used in the book. Jpeg's. I made creator use them as jpeg's by setting the options accordingly.

2) It was a .LIT format and after using ConvertLIT i had to change a lot of filename references in the main .html file to match it's own title. I read about that issue somewhere later on, but by then i had already figured it out.
I noticed however that the notes in this book were made using <li> and <ol class ...> in the html file. In firefox the notes display properly: as a numberd list.
After conversion however, there is no numbered list but just a big block of text...it's unreadable

How can this be solved?
pvdv is offline   Reply With Quote