View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 08:42 AM   #64
Iridal
Mysteriarch
Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 4, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
I follow a simple rule, I only count on myself, so I wear everything that will help, even here where it gets very hot an humid in riding gear.
Sounds like a good rule to me. Especially on a motorcycle, car drivers generally have very little attention for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
You know I agree with that statement despite still riding whenever I can, I see there is a huge difference between good and bad riders, the same difference between good and bad drivers of cars. The problem is that when you hit a light standard in a car you generally walk away if you were wearing your seatbelt, on a bike it's best not to hit roadside furniture (lights, signs, park benches etc.). When I was hit by a car I blame myself, I should have seen it coming, I think, I don't remember starting out for work that day or the hospital the first day. I'm not bitter, the woman that hit me was caught, here excuse for not stopping was, "I was scared". Gee thanks!
In Belgium motorcyclists get their license fairly quickly, at least compared to obtaining a driver's license for a car. They have to take a couple of lessons, but not enough to learn how to drive properly. And then there's also the spring phenomenon. Lots of motorcyclist don't drive in the winter, and when they start driving again in spring they are a bit rusty. Making accidents more likely. Also because the car drivers have to adapt to lots of motorcyclists on the road again as well.

I once saw a motorcylist fall on a highway with lots of traffic. Immediately 5 other motorcyclist were standing around the guy, protecting him when he was down. Very impressive.
Iridal is offline   Reply With Quote