View Single Post
Old 12-31-2010, 04:57 PM   #14
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulinafrica View Post
Pushka, Let me rephrase, outside of the US in some countries.
My assumption that Amazon are represented in Australia was based on previous posts from Aussies, perhaps Amazon have some kind of reciprocal arrangement with Aussie Customs or a local depot?
We are lucky in that we pay no duty on anything under $1000. And there is no local depot. Anything to do with the kindle we have to source through Amazon USA. But it does seem as if Australians don't get charged for the replacement as I have never heard anyone here being charged for the replacement kindle prior to sending the old one back. But I don't see why they have given us this exception. Maybe they like us?

Perhaps a receipt of payment needs to accompany anything being imported in some countries, in which case Amazon is just doing what they have to do in order to get the replacement to you. And they cant issue a receipt or tax invoice unless a charge has actuallly occurred.

Last edited by Pushka; 12-31-2010 at 04:59 PM.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote