View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 07:17 PM   #11
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Mick View Post
I question the validity of your suggestion and pricing structure, primarily because any tariffs, taxes, import duties, and so on, would be levied against me, not you..."
If BeBook are importing them into Australia THEN selling them, such as the bebook.net.au reseller there is the 10% GST and I believe a 5% customs fee for imported goods that are intended for sale. This would represent a small increase but nowhere near what they are claiming.

If on the other hand you are buying and they are shipping from the Netherlands, then you are right, all taxes/levies are applied to you, but being under $1500 you wont inccur GST or customs fees.

Either way they are point blank ripping us off. If you are keen on the 6" reader go to DA Direct, they are Australian, they sell the 6" branded as the Eco Reader. They are selling it for $299Aus. Beats the $499Aus for the same from BeBook.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote