View Single Post
Old 12-03-2018, 01:48 AM   #55
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
factory reset and start over is probably the only option now, and you may conclude it is just not worth it
this is because a previously failed attempt at getting all the google programs to work can leave traces behind after you uninstall the apps. they have no effect on normal amazon app operations but can get in the way of re-doing the google stuff
and also, google often does not allow an older version to be installed after a newer one. so if you shoudl have installed v5 of google account manager, but you mistakenly installed v6, you may not be able to successfully install v5.
account manager has to be fully working before the other stuff will work, and some threads say you must use a particular v5 and not anything later. I have not cross checked that statement with what worked for issybird though.
when I have done this process ( & I have done 3 fire devices) I always did account manager first, and then rebooted, before continuing with the other 3 apps.

PS there is a separate issue with chrome. I don't think it affects the 2017 devices, but on my older HDX, it has a text corruption issue ( well known and dell documented) where some text in boxes goes screwy. apparently , this started in v69 and one fix is to sideload v68 and block updates. I just switched to firefox instead on that tablet. the same bug affects brave browser as that is chrome-based
chrome bug is documented here and elsewhere; it affects older fire and older android tablets only. my newest Lenovo tablet is fine

https://productforums.google.com/for...me/Yb021aoNADs

I mention it here because anyone adding google stuff to a fire HDX to enjoy chrome may regret it !
PS the bug can also be bypassed by selecting desktop site in chrome settings for any affected page, but that option does not stick and has to be re-selected each time
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote