View Single Post
Old 07-06-2009, 05:02 AM   #13
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
It seems there are a lot of missing section breaks. Is this sort of thing common for Baen's eBooks?
I forgot to address this part of your question.

On some of the back catalogue it's quite common for there to be OCR typos when the books first go up. Luckily, people report these to Arnold and after a month or two the books are clean. Section breaks are obviously not as easily spotted as typos, so I'm not very surprised that they've persisted.

For new books, I find the quality is better than other publishers. And if there are systematic errors caused by some conversion SNAFU, Arnold fixes them quickly.

With webscription.net, concise and precise reports of problems with ebooks do result in the problems getting fixed.

Last edited by pdurrant; 07-06-2009 at 06:47 AM. Reason: typo
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote