View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 10:42 PM   #23
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Lots of people do epub to epub conversion because calibre generated epubs often work with devices where the original epub fails, or because the conversion automatically fixes unreadable font sizes in the input document, or it allows you to easily tweak aspects of the books look and feel via the various conversion options to suit your tastes.

*You* might not want to do epub to epub conversions, dont assume everyone else is like you.

The OPs problem has nothing to do with original_epub, it was caused by switching the input format for the conversion from odt to epub. And note that this does not happen automatically. If you run a conversion on a previously converted book, the same input format as was used the last time is chosen, unless that input format is no longer available. While its conceivable that there could be a bug in that code, I doubt it, and I'd need some reproducible steps to convince me otherwise.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote