View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 07:37 PM   #50
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeshadow View Post
Since it's the 2nd time you mention that it made an significant impression on you, mark me as interested too. We agree on plenty topics and it 'll be a pleasure to find out if reading tastes are too an item on that list.
Normally, this wouldn't have caught my eye. I'm not great with dystopian futurism, and usually, utopian futurism makes me sort of want to shriek because it invariably proposes a "reality" that goes against all the primal ooze in our brains and biological programming. ;-) I "met" with the client on the phone a few times, and found him incredibly bright, well-informed, just...impressive. I was intrigued enough by his entire intelligence and view of things to actually start reading the book. It's--thus far--completely captivated me. (I'm about...38% done?) I'm not even sure how I'd categorize this book, truthfully. I'm taking my time reading it, but, FS, I'll happily add you to my list of "books to send." Can you send me a ping and let me know your preferred format, and a suitable place to send?

I've asked him--as he's giving it away in large quantities--to consider putting it in the MR library. I explained to him how incredible the MR audience is, overall--as the US cartoon Yogi Bear says, "smarter than the average bear." And I think this book requires smart people. We'll see (about the MR library)! I hope he does. (And, of course, now I'm hoping that everyone on MR doesn't end up thinking I'm an utter dolt, too, ).

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote