View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 12:59 PM   #14575
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
"Agent of Change" by Sharon Lee and Steve Miller

The first book in the "Liaden" series. Reasonable SF, but I wasn't blown away by it, which is slightly disappointing, since I've heard so many good things about this series. I'll stick with it - perhaps it'll get better.
As a single book, less interesting than the Universe as a whole. It's hard for me to separate out what I thought about my first Liaden book, since I've read all of them several times. But I think it's something that grows with deeper immersion. It's all about the characters, more than action.

You might find a couple of earlier ones, the so called "Space Regencies", a good place to try. "Local Custom" and "Scout's Progress" (which has "Mouse and Dragon" as a direct sequel.) These are unabashedly Heyer-esque. And not particularly dependent on other books in the series.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote