View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012, 10:45 AM   #29
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacEachaidh View Post
Yeah, my apologies, that was a really dumb response of mine. I can only plead distraction as an excuse. Thanks for not being offended, because I didn't mean you to be.
No problem. No offense taken.
Quote:
It seems that the plug the Kobo uses is (according to Wikipedia) a Micro B USB, whereas most devices here in Australia (as far as there is standardisation) use a USB Mini B. So it counts as a point against the Kobo for me, since it means having to buy new spare cables - probably from overseas - plus a new charger just for the Kobo (not sure where I'd get that from, with the correct voltage, the correct wall plug and the correct cable type), and carrying yet more cables/plugs around if I travel. Definitely a tick in the negative column.
But the other end is a standard USB connector. Do you have any wallwarts that take a standard USB connector?

Quote:
... Did you have any thoughts on the matter of support for other nominated formats? How does the Kobo handle documents in mobi and rtf formats?
I recall from the Kobo forum that the Mobi support is limited. You would probably want to use Calibre to convert from Mobi to Epub.

An RTF file I tried had a lot of indenting and different font sizes, the result on the Kobo was not pretty. I got much better results running the RTF through Calibre to generate an EPub, but the formatting wasn't as nice as the original RTF. My 505 handles RTF much, much better.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote