View Single Post
Old 12-18-2010, 12:03 PM   #62
thermopyle
Enthusiast
thermopyle has learned how to read e-booksthermopyle has learned how to read e-booksthermopyle has learned how to read e-booksthermopyle has learned how to read e-booksthermopyle has learned how to read e-booksthermopyle has learned how to read e-booksthermopyle has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle
ElizabethN,

I'm not sure why the comma separated text approach works the way it does. I duplicated what you described and got the same result.

Having said that, however, I think the second approach you were using is the correct one for what you really want, but it needs to be adjusted slightly. If what you're looking for is a way to categorize your books as being Fantasy, SciFi, UFantasy (whatever this one is), the best way to do it is like this:

1. Add column of type "Text, column shown in tag browser" and name it Genre or whatever you want.
2. Set the genre values of your books to SciFi, Fantasy, or whatever you want the folder names to be (SFF, in your example, would also work).
3. Set your "send to disk" template to include /{#genre}/ somewhere in the output path.

That should be it for getting SFF or whatever in your folder output, at which point running AKC! will create the appropriate collection.

Let me know how that works!

Last edited by thermopyle; 12-18-2010 at 12:09 PM.
thermopyle is offline   Reply With Quote