Thread: iLiad The iLiad OS Project
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2009, 09:52 AM   #54
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Quote:
Originally Posted by jharker View Post
Wow- awesome! You rock, Adam! And you have good timing -- I was just thinking about getting back to work on iLiadOS myself.

Since you've already got the first reflash image VERY well in hand, I guess I'll go back to the roadmap, update the dates on things, and see what needs doing next.

If you don't mind, I have a couple of questions/suggestions:
  1. What's the "Automatic Downloaders Framework"?
  2. How does the .lit converter work? Is it command-line only, or is it called automatically when opening a file?
  3. With the iPDF version chooser, initially it should probably default to the iRex standard version.
I'm assuming the whole reflash image is an actual ext2 image, right? Apparently I uploaded most of the v2.12 filesystem as a folder structure in Trac, which in retrospect was a really dumb thing to do. If we want to maintain the reflash image at all in svn, I imagine we'll just upload binary copies of the ext2 image file....?

Anyway, this is really exciting and I can't wait to see it. Many kudos to you!
1. See here. Very cool stuff. It'll ship with all the available addons deactivated.
2. See here. You select the lit file from the contentlister and it'll automatically convert it to a format that can be read in FBReader.
3. Correct, it defaults to the iPDF included in 2.12.1. But will include the installers from here.

Yep, just a binary ex2 image. When I've got the image to a point I'm happy with, I'll post a beta. The beta won't include Mobipocket, however.

I'll have to work on scripts to backup the internal Mobipocket viewer and restore it after a reflash, since we can't distribute it with the firmware update.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote