Thread: iLiad The iLiad OS Project
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2009, 09:38 AM   #53
jharker
Developer
jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: iRex iLiad v1, Blackberry Tour, Kindle DX, iPad.
Wow- awesome! You rock, Adam! And you have good timing -- I was just thinking about getting back to work on iLiadOS myself.

Since you've already got the first reflash image VERY well in hand, I guess I'll go back to the roadmap, update the dates on things, and see what needs doing next.

If you don't mind, I have a couple of questions/suggestions:
  1. What's the "Automatic Downloaders Framework"?
  2. How does the .lit converter work? Is it command-line only, or is it called automatically when opening a file?
  3. With the iPDF version chooser, initially it should probably default to the iRex standard version.
I'm assuming the whole reflash image is an actual ext2 image, right? Apparently I uploaded most of the v2.12 filesystem as a folder structure in Trac, which in retrospect was a really dumb thing to do. If we want to maintain the reflash image at all in svn, I imagine we'll just upload binary copies of the ext2 image file....?

Anyway, this is really exciting and I can't wait to see it. Many kudos to you!
jharker is offline   Reply With Quote