View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010, 11:43 AM   #2
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdgyB View Post
I used to have a 505 and loved the screen. I bought a PRS-600 and the screen is a lot darker than I want it to be. I'm considering getting a Nook instead. Do you think I'd be happy with the Nook's screen? The problem I'm having with the 600 is that I can't really read it at home (not enough light in my apartment) but I borrowed a friend's 505 (which is my old one) and the screen on it is so much nicer and easier on my eyes. So, Nook or...?
You can try to use a reading light for your Sony 600 (there's even a Sony cover with integrated light). For lots of users this has done the job.

nook has excellent contrast. It definitely can match Sony 505.
But it has less capabilities in managing the content, for example no collections.

Sony 900 has slightly better contrast/less glare than Sony 600, but still can't match Sony 505. To me, that's not a problem - the touchscreen features outweigh the glare by far.

PocketBoook 360 has a huge fanbase. It's only 5", but matches Sony 505's contrast and has tons of features for managing the content.

You've got Sony 600, so the touchscreen may be important to you? Then you should have a look at iRex 800 and BeBook Neo/Onyx Boox (Neo and Boox have the same hardware, you can exchange firmwares back and forth).
Both use a WACOM screen and don't have any glare.

Both Kindles are similar to nook.

You can take a look at Sony 300 as well. 5", anything else more or less identical to Sony 505. Same for Cybook Opus.

Last edited by mgmueller; 05-05-2010 at 11:59 AM.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote