View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 01:12 PM   #6
oj829
Groupie
oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Kobo Arc(32GB), Kobo Arc 7HD, Kobo Glo HD,NookHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
I didn't like the fact that you had to setup a Kobo account over the internet even to use the reader.
This. There's a certain intrusiveness in the Kobo market mindset which really puts me off, and which you can see with their approach to "recommendations", etc, and the number of times my outbound firewall alarms when I fire up the Desktop app.

I totally agree that not being able to reset and read what's on your $129 device without phoning home first is a giant honking ... let's call it "flaw".
oj829 is offline   Reply With Quote