View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 11:37 PM   #19
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
The Kindle store will also tell you if you've already purchased a book and tell you date you purchased it.
True, but I first started buying ebooks when Amazon and B&N only sold a small number of Adobe PDF and Microsoft LIT ebooks. I didn't want to get locked into a format that was tied to my hardware (and the DRM-busting software was not available as far as I knew at the time), so after researching, I chose the then "Palm Digital Media" format (eventually became eReader format).

I bought some from Simon & Schuster's website, then they stopped carrying eReader. About the same time, Amazon and B&N stopped selling ebooks and shafted all their previous ebook buyers by deleting their bookshelves.

I bought some from eReader.com. But I came to find that Fictionwise had everything I wanted, and it was easier to avoid re-buying books.

When Amazon first came out with the Kindle, I didn't trust they wouldn't do the same thing that they'd done before...back out!

With all the DRM-busting software out there, I could buy anywhere now. So I buy ePub and I price-shop. (I also keep a list of the books I own, to be my own budget police!)

But if the DRM-hacks went away, I'd be back to buying only eReader DRM, when buying DRM.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote