View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 12:34 AM   #3
snarkophilus
Wannabe Connoisseur
snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2, Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS-350, Palm TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
calibre already modifies files (updating metadata) when they are sent to the device, so in principle, this is easy to do. But you would have to modify calibre to do it.
At least it's good to know it's possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
And I'm not really clear on what the benefit of User CSS is as opposed to just converting the file with your settings.
Two main reasons are to avoid doing anything manual (whether conversion, plugin, etc) to add the required line to the css in the epub, and also that this particular modification is specific to a given reader type (PRS T1 in this case).

A third reason is that by having a User CSS on the device means that you don't need to make a decision at conversion or transfer to device time. If I decide next year that I like a different font or wider margins I have a single file to edit to make that change.

Cheers,
Simon.
snarkophilus is offline   Reply With Quote