View Single Post
Old 01-08-2008, 06:50 AM   #51
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcCunney View Post
You miss my point.

What if you are unhappy with a previously created version of the book, because errors weren't corrected? (Distributed Proofreaders has immensely raised the quality of PG texts. Some of the earlier ones created before that effort began contributing have problems.)

You probably won't want to extract the text from the existing file and correct it. Simpler to start clean fron your own corrected source text.
I think I was unclear. I meant that people here claims that they have proof read the texts better than the source (that can be from distributed proofreader). So if there is a MobiPocket here where that holds and the creator is no longer available isn't it better to start with the best version when you want to enhance it? Or if you want to take the best version and merge the changes into the distributed proof reader versions?

Also if you loose your own source files for a book and want to enhance it you will be glad if you can unpack your book. The MobiPocket book is saved here so that you will not loose. But people usually do not backup files regularly so when the disk crash you can loose the source files.

Quote:
No archive utility I am aware of imposes limits on what you may do with the archives it creates. There are a lot of archivers that can create zip files.
It seems like zip is better than. I will change to that.

Quote:
What do you use to create RAR files?
I do not remember. Maybe PkRar or something like that.

Quote:
Or if you never had them in the first place, because you want to extract a Mobi file someone else built.
Yes, that is also an obvious advantage. Did you imply that this was a bad thing to do?
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote