Thread: Troubleshooting Kindle 3 WiFi - Time won't stay set
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2010, 11:42 AM   #4
OakIris
Addict
OakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi; Kindle Paperwhite
Sounds as if the internal clock is a bit off. Sorry - I misunderstood; I thought it just wasn't keeping track of your time zone.

I haven't needed to use the time function of the Kindle - with a watch and computers and other time pieces around, I haven't had the need to check the time via the Kindle. This internal clock problem, however, may indicate other problems with your unit; after all, it is a computer so it could be that other processes in the unit depend upon it having an accurate clock. Calling Kindle CS is probably a good idea.

Since you are in Germany, do you think you will have to pay for shipping and taxes, etc.? I bet that's not cheap but won't Amazon pick up at least part of the tab since the unit is faulty? One can only hope.

Holly
OakIris is offline   Reply With Quote