View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 07:55 PM   #3
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Quote:
It was our belief that Amazon would use that entire discount for the two years.
And I believe in fairies. Is the man delusional?

How is it in Amazon's best interest in this climate to lose money selling e-books? The lower prices years ago were a temporary hook to introduce Kindles, but now Amazon's strategy is to sell the devices at cost and make money selling content. Amazon has adapted to the new digital world, MacMillan has not. Which seems to be reflected in their e-book sales, which Sargent described as "softer of late".

He's also ignoring the advice of his lawyers, that always goes well. Since I already boycott MacMillan because they refuse to sell e-books to libraries, I won't be sad to see them go the way of the dodo bird.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote