View Single Post
Old 06-07-2018, 12:35 AM   #7
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Onyx T76ML, Kobo H2O Edition 1, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Which of the Kobo devices emit "evil" blue light?
I have seen just one Kobo device close, the one that I own, and I compare it to the other devices I own and have owned. I assume Kobo's lights always come from the same provider. I could be wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
As to calling blue light "evil", isn't the problem the time of day?
Yes, part of the problem is the time of day. Kobo's blue is particularly felt in near-complete or complete darkness and particularly in comparison with other devices. Lacking a point of comparison, you maybe would not notice.

Kobo's blue frontlight is barely tolerable for me in darkness with black background. In dimness (i.e. light enough to walk around in the room without lights on, but too dim to read without lights on) it's more tolerable. At brighter times, frontlighting becomes irrelevant, because you can read without it anyway.
mobama is offline   Reply With Quote