View Single Post
Old 03-24-2015, 07:52 AM   #101
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacEachaidh View Post
Speaking of assuming: Am I right in thinking this is a product of the way the F/W caches documents from an ePub? (Is that what it does?) I know my Aura HD has 4GB of storage, but does it actually have its own kind of RAM, or does it use virtual memory? and some kind of paging?
From memory, the Aura HD has 512KB of RAM. I have no idea how it loads the books. But, for epubs it is relying on the RMSDK to do a lot of the work.

The kepub reader is completely different and doesn't have this type of limit. Or at least not one I've hit when experimenting. If you load the book as a kepub you won't need to split it. But, you will need to add the spans kepubs need.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote