View Single Post
Old 03-24-2015, 04:51 AM   #100
MacEachaidh
Browser
MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
It is actually about 260K I think.
These files aren't that high. Two of them, 142K and 171K in the expanded ePub, have no issues. The two that do split are 203K and 208K. (I've confirmed there's nothing in the code to make them split, which is why I'm assuming it's the size.)

Quote:
Anyway, Calibre splits it for you as well.
Nahh, Calibre's not for me, but thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
On the other hand, if you don't split it and the device does it on its own, it will work fine automatically when the book is opened in a device that doesn't need the split. But books with artificially split chapters will remain split forever, even in devices with several GB or RAM...
That was my thinking. In this case, the file's just for me, so in a sense it doesn't really matter. But I think it's important to understand these things, rather than just assume.

Speaking of assuming: Am I right in thinking this is a product of the way the F/W caches documents from an ePub? (Is that what it does?) I know my Aura HD has 4GB of storage, but does it actually have its own kind of RAM, or does it use virtual memory? and some kind of paging?
MacEachaidh is offline   Reply With Quote