Thread: Thumbnail view?
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 11:40 AM   #8
jlmwrite
Zealot
jlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Samsung Tab S8.4, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
This is an old argument I had on the Kindle forums. I want a cover browser instead of a flat file system. It's one of the things I love so much about my Nook Color.

Yeh, if you know exactly what book you're look for, it's much easier to do a search and have the name pop up in seconds. But... I like to browse my e-collections the same way I browse the shelves and tables in a bookstore. I'm very visual and can pick out a book by a fragment of color and a glimpse of the font.

So to the OP -- I understand exactly what you want. Calibre is amazing software, and I consider it as important as my OS, browser, and word processor. But in answer to your original question: No, Calibre doesn't have a thumbnail window view. Neat idea and lots faster for browsing than the beautifully implemented cover-flow view already in Calibre.
jlmwrite is offline   Reply With Quote