View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 10:14 AM   #109
orwell2k
Addict
orwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheese

Device: PocketBook 360°, BeBook (Hanlin V3), iRex DR1000S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndecisiveMe View Post
I'm not sure what I'm doing but I've tried every setting and I cannot get the page turn to work properly. I've tried sitting up with the reader straight, but it seems to turn itself off. I've tried lying down with the reader on an angle and that's just a nightmare.

Has anyone got any tried and true, never fails, method they'd like to share?
This is what works for me:

(1) Open FBReader Config Menu (with book open, bottom right corner of pop-up menu dialog)
(2) Go to 'Rotate' and press 'OK'
(3) Select menu item '180°+FAST prev/next page'
(4) Go to 'Page turn angle' and select your preference (I choose 20°)
(5) Exit Config menu ('back' button to return to book)
(6) Open FBReader menu and choose rotation settings (centre right of pop-up menu dialog)
(7) Press 'OK' - this will choose the centre 'ring' meaning the gyro sensing will be accepted.
(8) Wait until the book 'repaginates' - the status bar will show no page numbering and a book symbol with 3 dots (...) in the lower left corner - once done, the page numbering and % read bar will re-appear.
(9) Rotate the book and the pages should turn!

* To get it going, you may need to do an initial page turn with the buttons, then it should pick up your wrist turns - I don't always need this when I follow the above sequence.

** The app does have a habit of going to sleep after a while, requiring a further use of a button page turn to kick it off again. Also, I have an auto-keypad-lock time set, so after not using buttons for a while my keypad locks on me!... annoyinf but not life-threatening!...

Experiment a little with comfortable positions for holding the book, sensitivity of the turn angle, etc. to suit your needs. Apparently you can set a high turn angle to allow holding the book 'sideways' whilst lying on your side to read (see somewhere above) - I haven't tried this yet but intend to!

Last edited by orwell2k; 05-06-2010 at 10:18 AM.
orwell2k is offline   Reply With Quote