View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 09:04 PM   #3
Caryl
Caryl began at the beginning.

Device: Astak pocket pro
Hi Robert,

I just found this web site and joined in. That's why you haven't seen me before. I took a quick look at the Stylz. The only part of their web site working today is the front page. So I couldn't get beyond that first look.

I was wondering if I should look for something more like a hard shell case that zippers all around. In fact, I'd almost like to find a case that fits over the case that comes with the Pocketpro. Double protection so to speak and I can then use the leather case when I'm walking around town rather than riding the bike. The problem is I'll be carrying the pocket pro either in my rear panniers or up in my handle bar bag. If I don't have it fully encased I worry that the front flap will come open in the bouncing and things will then rub on the screen. And I may not be aware that it's come open. Plus things can get into the sides, keys, pens, pencils, other stuff which can rub on the sides. And, when stuffing things in the bags I might get over zealous. So I'm thinking a case that prevents me from accidentally trying to bend the reader might be wise as well. Have you seen anything like that around?

Currently I carry my digital camera in a Samsonite hard shell case and I added one of those static cling screen protectors. This seems to work reasonably well. So I was thinking about doing the same.

As an aside, I sent an email to Elliot the other day. I've asked him to request the ability to push and hold the 8 button so that a menu with 10 different font sizes comes up. That'd give a lot better spectrum of font sizes. He said he'd pass the suggestion on, but I just thought I'd let you know.

Thanks
Caryl
Caryl is offline   Reply With Quote