View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 10:21 PM   #913
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by holymadness View Post
no study has ever concluded that natural textured backgrounds reduce eye strain, though at least one has concluded that it is more difficult to read light text against a dark background.
I assure you there are studies that claim the exact opposite. You can prove anything you want, in a study -- it often comes down to who sponsors the study, rather than to any objective findings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holymadness View Post
What is crucial for this app is to not descend into design by committee, the end result of which can only be mediocrity.
What's your point, holymadness?

Like I said: I'm not enforcing my structured backgrounds on you. If you don't like them and don't need them, just ignore them. Is that too much to ask of you?

In return, I expect the same courtesy from you: please, don't enforce your solid-colour backgrounds on me. But that's exactly what you're doing, if you're contemptuously dismissing your fellow Marvin users' requests to make structured backgrounds possible in Marvin. No code bloat can occur by simply making such backgrounds possible -- so why resist the additional, user-friendly Marvin option?