View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 12:35 PM   #11
stewacide
Groupie
stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O Ed. 2, Glo HD, Glo, Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsdclsd View Post
A simple ">dd if=/dev/sdd of=sdbackup.img" or similar would do the trick.
When I tried this, as...

Code:
dd if=/Volumes/KOBOeReader of=/Users/stewacide/Desktop/kobo.img
...the resultant image is only 16kb! This is with the internal SD card plugged into the system using OSX. What am I missing?

edit -- nevermind that seems to be just one of a couple partitions on the card. Needed to dd /dev/disk1.

p.s. What is on the first two partitions? I assume one is the firmware and the other the backup firmware in case of a hard reset? Can't seem to mount the partitions under OSX.

edit2 -- booted into Linux. Indeed what I thought. Will have a poke around...

Last edited by stewacide; 12-30-2012 at 01:13 PM.
stewacide is offline   Reply With Quote