View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 03:11 PM   #354
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
I checked the kindleboards poll too, the problem is pretty rampant. Plus those that vote that they are happy may also have issues they simply don't notice, or if they do, it doesn't bother them. At this point I am honestly convinced that all of the PW's have these same issues to some degree or another.

Let us know how your replacement PW is. Good luck.
Unfortunately Replacement #2 is no better than Replacement #1. If anything it has a darker background when the light is turned to level 0. And #2, a designation which fits it if you get my drift, is definitely more pink especially around the screen edges with blue green shadows in the upper 2/3 of screen. Replacement #1 and #2 are very similar and its difficult to which is worse or better. Both are readable, but I don't care to read with all the inconsistent light shadows and discolorations. Just too distracting and I'm sure my reading speed has decreased significantly with the PW and my eyestrain has increased.

I read for a few hours with my Touch last night using the heavy MightyBrite clip on and realized how much nicer and whiter the screen looked than the PW. I hate having a clip on though, so I need to explore what options I have, if any.

I'm going to return both Replacements. I already returned the original a couple of days ago. I've got another unrelated UPS delivery coming tomorrow so I give them to the UPS guy to return.

Anyone have the new Fire HD 7"? Did they ever add two-page landscape mode? I know they added this to the Kindle for Android app, but in the past the Kindle for Android and Kindle for iPad apps were better than the native app on the old Fire.