Thread: Color jetBook Color for comics
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 05:39 AM   #11
andyh2000
Avid reader
andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 / Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by mod186k1 View Post
Hi Andy,
I think your photo is not color-balanced. I tried to improve the screenshot using the most black (the border) and the most white (the background of speech bubbles).
Can you please tell me if the results is more near to what you real see?

Thank you
I'm afraid we're on a bit of a hiding to nothing trying to talk about colours like this. I'm viewing this forum post on an LCD monitor - I have the brightness turned down and colours muted a bit so it doesn't feel like it's burning out my eyes too quickly (I spend 8 hours a day staring at it). So I see my version of the photo. You'll have your monitor calibrated differently and will see a different version. All I can say is that the colours are a lot more muted than on an LCD display, but (particularly if you boost the brightness/saturation with software before loading onto the jetBook) they are probably good enough for comics. It also depends how much ambient light you have around. LuBiB seems to have a house that's lit up with floodlights - his screen will look better than mine as I have relatively dim lighting at home.

Additionally, if you've balanced the photo so that white is white then you've probably made it less representative of reality as the jetBook Color screen background is far from white under normal conditions.

Andrew

Last edited by andyh2000; 02-09-2012 at 06:16 PM.
andyh2000 is offline   Reply With Quote