View Single Post
Old 09-04-2009, 09:59 AM   #1
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
epubcheck for Mac OS X

There's this great epubcheck tool over at http://code.google.com/p/epubcheck/
but it comes as a java application or for a web server. I wanted a drag&drop application for Mac OS X.

So I wrapped the java app in an AppleScript. Here it is. Just drag & drop ePub files onto the AppleScript, and the script will run epubcheck and report back on errors. If there are no errors, you'll also get a small dialog saying so.

I beleive it will work on Mac OS X 10.4 and later.

Feedback welcome.

[EDIT] Updated to use epubcheck 1.0.5

[EDIT] Updated to make the error dialog a bit wider, and to save an error report when there are errors. The error report will be in the same folder as the ePub and with the same name, but with '.txt' appended.

[EDIT] Updated to use epubcheck 1.1. I've left the 1.05 version here in case anyone still needs it.

[EDIT] Updated to use epubcheck 1.2. I've left the previous versions, even though I can't think why anyone would want to use them.

[EDIT] Updated to use epubcheck 3.0b5. Now has a pretty icon and also a translation into French. Thanks to Diegnum for the French translation. Any error in the French will be mine, as I adapted their text slightly. Please do report any errors in the dialogs. Further translations will be added if there is demand, and someone supplies me with the translated text!

[EDIT] Updated to use epubcheck 3.0RC1.

[EDIT] Updated to use epubcheck 3.0.

[EDIT] Updated to use epubcheck 3.0.1. Now a working version of 3.0.1!
Attached Files
File Type: zip epubcheck 1.0.5.app.zip (1.27 MB, 1565 views)
File Type: zip epubcheck 1.1.app.zip (2.21 MB, 1302 views)
File Type: zip epubcheck 1.2.app.zip (1.37 MB, 1698 views)
File Type: zip epubcheck 3.0b5.app.zip (3.36 MB, 834 views)
File Type: zip epubcheck 3.0RC1.app.zip (4.78 MB, 813 views)
File Type: zip epubcheck 3.0.app.zip (4.80 MB, 1040 views)
File Type: zip epubcheck 3.0.1.app.zip (5.76 MB, 2329 views)

Last edited by pdurrant; 06-04-2013 at 02:22 PM. Reason: New version
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote