View Single Post
Old 11-14-2020, 07:23 PM   #13
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
I finished up the book a few days ago and really enjoyed it. It had such an atmosphere and aura of time and place. I took some notes as well that I'll get to in another post.

astrangerhere, your observations are interesting to think on. I'll just speak on one at the moment- I had first begun to read your post when I was mid-through the book and stopped after seeing, "Dr. Strong might have had one of my absolute favorite moments" and thinking too big a spoiler might follow. Now I see it wasn't but it's funny I spent the book wondering what big thing Dr. Strong would do (especially since he was only talked about for most of the book). I agree though that I really liked that moment, especially as it humanised him from the fantasy Marcia had of him as well as the reality that he may have been responsible for previous neglect in her case.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote