View Single Post
Old 03-09-2020, 11:03 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by markus98 View Post
sorry for my late reply- thought I get an email notification. I noticed already that Calibre Content server is an option. Keeping the library in the Cloud is probably not a good option. I read that Google Drive should definitely not be used, and the same goes probably for Dropbox.

It would be great to just use one of the 3rd party Calibre apps and load the data from the Content Server into one of those apps. For sure failure-prone, but that could be a way I thought.
IMHO the middleman (edit the cloud copy) method is fraught with additional sync issues.
My suggestion was to Use your Calibre host (with good security precautions).
Your issue is you want to make changes from the remote (device).
Have you considered Remote control of your PC (Remote desktop connection if you have (any) Windows Pro version. FREE Clients other OS)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote