View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 08:24 PM   #66
mougino
mougino began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo 1st gen
Here is my goal of what I would like to obtain on the kobo 1st gen. The information needs to be clear, big and in b&w, nothing to distract and only relevant information for people who have cognitive disorders such as Alzheimer's.

Biggest fonts are used for name of the day and period of the day (morning/noon/afternoon/evening/night, should be configurable depending on country sun's hour and/or user habit, in an old people's home for example the evening is quite early!). Also the month appears in full letters.

I have already experimented with success on my grandmum, dedicated a very old laptop to that and it is very useful to her when she uses it. Problem is the laptop is now falling into pieces and the backlight forces her to close it every night and if we don't go there she forgets to open it the day after. Won't happen with the kobo.

Important thing: the program should be easily configurable for other languages (in my case I will use French) for all parts of labels and names of days of months and of seasons. Also time could be chosen to be set in 12 hours format or 24 hours format.
As for the screen refresh frequency, I was first thinking to do it every 5mn (would show 15:05 then 15:10 then 15:15...) but my motivation was to save battery and it is inconsistent with the Kobo being plugged at all time for a non-stop usage I guess.. so every minute will do
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	koboclock.png
Views:	554
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	97619  

Last edited by mougino; 12-12-2012 at 08:26 PM.
mougino is offline   Reply With Quote