View Single Post
Old 10-17-2008, 08:28 AM   #13
bob_ninja
Addict
bob_ninja will become famous soon enoughbob_ninja will become famous soon enoughbob_ninja will become famous soon enoughbob_ninja will become famous soon enoughbob_ninja will become famous soon enoughbob_ninja will become famous soon enough

Device: Zire71
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
I think this conclusively demonstrates that the DR has a single cell 1300 mAh battery.

Power from single cell 3.7V 1300 mAh battery = 4.8 Watt Hours

Power from four 1.2V PowerEx 2700mAh batteries = 13.0 Watt Hours

This is consistent with 5 hrs vs 12.5 hrs, and also suggests that the DR1000S is drawing about 1 Watt.
Yes, Karel confirmed in the iRex forums it is a single 1300 mah (see the other thread).

Now according to these numbers, "light reading" used up interlan battery after 5 hours. Of course, since battery is never depleted fully, I will guess/estimate about 1000 mAh (to be conswervative meaning 300 mAh still left).
1000 mAh / 5 hrs = 200 mA

However, Karel in the other thread stated:
"with software version 1.0 the reader consume about 150 mA per hour"

So once again they seem to be underestimating true power use. Seems like a pattern of overestimating device capabilities.

I suppose battery could be defective or not fully broken in, but highly unlikely. A more likely explanation is that the current software version is still not optimized for power use and subsequent versions might clean up these rough edges.
bob_ninja is offline   Reply With Quote