View Single Post
Old 09-15-2008, 08:10 AM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedPark View Post
Thanks for these.

Being somewhat ignorant of the publication history of all this, please tell me about the 7th volume. Is it meant to be part of this or a separate work?
Actually, I wasn't being very clear when I mentioned the unfinished 800+page novel, Jean Santeuil.

This is an early work that Proust started and then abandoned. The novel was discovered right after WWII.

For the Proust scholar, the novel is vital in understanding Proust. For the lover of Proust, the novel is a further glimpse into the Proustian mind of a genius and makes fascinating reading. My hardback copy is in the U.S., and I miss it.

For the casual reader, the novel should probably be skipped.

Don

P.S.: If you want an updated translation of (from) original Moncrief translations, then you might want to look at the editions that are currently on sale from Sony. (I haven't checked to see if they're available for the Kindle, as I don't have that Reader.)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote