View Single Post
Old 08-30-2008, 04:31 AM   #20
ashkulz
Addict
ashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 1/REB 1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
WOW, that returned and maybe improved my surfing speed. No more slow downs with WinXP and impserve!!!

Truly amazing!

I can't wait to see your version 0.3... (wipes chin now)

p.s. Ashish, I attach a privoxy log showing three ways to get a .imp ebook from Mobileread.com; each with a different Content-type! Please see attached text log.

This may help determine the best way to download .imp ebooks directly from Mobileread!
I've already figured out #2 and #3: look at the "Content-disposition" header, and if it provides a filename call mimetypes.guess_type on the file which will give the correct MIME type. I'm more hesitant of doing it for URLs where they don't specify Content-disposition and the URL ends with .imp and the content-type is not correct: it may be a valid URL. You can choose to override it in the plugins system I plan to develop.
ashkulz is offline   Reply With Quote