View Single Post
Old 08-29-2011, 07:11 AM   #1
baggins
baggins , Klaatu Barada Niktu!baggins , Klaatu Barada Niktu!baggins , Klaatu Barada Niktu!baggins , Klaatu Barada Niktu!baggins , Klaatu Barada Niktu!baggins , Klaatu Barada Niktu!baggins , Klaatu Barada Niktu!baggins , Klaatu Barada Niktu!baggins , Klaatu Barada Niktu!baggins , Klaatu Barada Niktu!baggins , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Extremely disappointed in Kobo's replacement policy

I purchased a Kobo Touch which was unfortunately defective. It stopped working after one day of use. The screen simply went blank and nothing could help.

I live overseas, so I couldn't go to a store and replace it and had to rely on Kobo's customer service. It took some time until I got a reply from them, and then until they said all options were explored and I should send them my device for replacement.

However, they said that after checking if my KT was indeed defective or broken by my action (I can understand the need for this), they would send me back a REFURBISHED replacement device.
In addition, they do not support international shipping, so I had to pay for both shipping my defective device back to them and for shipping their replacement device to me.

At the end of it all, after paying $140 for a new device plus 3 times international shipping, what I get is a refurbished device two months later.
I expected better than this.
baggins is offline   Reply With Quote