View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 12:19 AM   #68
SameOldStory
My True Self
SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkb View Post
Full justification would be nice, but it often doesn't work well in ebooks. I hate it when there is this big space between words.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meredithwh View Post
I've been pushing the ragged-right margin for ages, without success. It's much easier to read, apparenty especially so for dyslexics. Fully justified text is a hangover from the old days of hand-setting type within metal formes. Time we did away with it.
I'm old enough to have actualy hand set type.

Dkb's problem is/was to some degree resolved by kerning and range kerning, where the words and the space between the letters of in a word were spaced out to help right justify the texl. And of course hyphenation, although I don't see it used that way any more.

Meredithwh, you're a hundred persent correct. For me at least. I am dyslexic, and the ragged right side of a page makes it both easyier and faster to read.
SameOldStory is offline   Reply With Quote