View Single Post
Old 09-18-2018, 07:46 PM   #52
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I'm going through the posts and reading them closely, but I thought I'd skip ahead to say that this is explicitly set in

Quote:
England, late 1990s
It says so right in the text, at the very beginning. So definitely alternative history, set in the the recent past from when Ishiguro wrote it.[...]
Ah, I remember seeing that and wondering about it. I mean, it's on the dedication page so I was never certain whether it was supposed to be part of the text or part of the dedication (some people do put some strange, sometimes private joke/reference, things on the dedication page).
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote