Thread: iPad ePub transfer Question
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2010, 02:49 PM   #34
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerLock View Post
I don't think opening up the reading device to non DRM EPub is that unique since I believe most readers that support Epubs do it as well.

Just out of curiosity, how much does Adobe charge to let others access adept? I think there are other readers beside Sony who uses it and some of them seem to be smaller companies than Sony or Apple. It's hard to imagine that other companies can afford it while a big company like Apple can't.

\
Also, remember that those smaller companies would need to develop an alternative DRM scheme whereas Apple already had one. It is also likely that Adobe has a licensing model that ties to unit sales by the other companies which allows them to incur the cost as they sell their product as opposed to having to put out the up front investment in building their own DRM scheme.
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote