View Single Post
Old 10-26-2015, 10:30 AM   #7
janjanjan
Enthusiast
janjanjan for a long time would go to bed early.janjanjan for a long time would go to bed early.janjanjan for a long time would go to bed early.janjanjan for a long time would go to bed early.janjanjan for a long time would go to bed early.janjanjan for a long time would go to bed early.janjanjan for a long time would go to bed early.janjanjan for a long time would go to bed early.janjanjan for a long time would go to bed early.janjanjan for a long time would go to bed early.janjanjan for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Nook Classic, Nook ST Glow
I checked out the help files on the Overdrive website. They describe the desktop version of Overdrive as "legacy" and indicate that it works only on Windows machines, including Windows 10, but excluding Windows RT. Thus the fact that the Surface can't transfer audiobooks.

I think that the desktop version is described as "legacy" because it supports only audiobooks. Since the largest number of Overdrive users are reading EBooks, that version isn't very useful anymore, except to those of us who love audiobooks on small devices, so won't be enhanced.

I guess we should just be glad that Overdrive is enhancing the app adequately to keep up with new Windows versions.
janjanjan is offline   Reply With Quote