View Single Post
Old 02-08-2014, 05:52 PM   #82
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk
Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony XPeria ZL, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessWaves View Post
I'm not sure I'd call any of them essential books. Admittedly I haven't read much from those authors but the Dickens and Verne I've read were little more than average (and often inferior to adaptations/readings) and I'm far from alone in giving up on the unabridged Moby Dick half way through.
look! An escapist fantasy fan whining of those classics authors who dared to cope with real life and everyday struggles...

I'd go as far as saying that after more than a full century of that, people got fed up and gone Don Quixote themselves, all the way back to chivarly books...

(and yes, I know Verne is about the excitement of fantastic voyages)

Quote:
The only classical author I've read is Vitruvis so I won't judge Virgil and Homer from that (he's interesting, but not for his writing ability).
good thing you won't judge poets from the writings of the ancient architect

Last edited by Namekuseijin; 02-08-2014 at 05:55 PM.
Namekuseijin is offline   Reply With Quote