Thread: Glo Glo Battery Problems
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 08:26 PM   #4
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by VelvetElvis View Post
- Jan 28 3:45 pm. Factory reset. Wireless off. Installed a free Kobo ebook (The -Jungle). Went to page 1 of the book and put the device to sleep.
- Jan 29 3:49 am – 96%
- Jan 30 3:54 am – 96%
No issues with this book from Kobo..
To check whether the problem is with sideloaded books in general or something wrong with the specific books you have sideloaded, you could download the epub version of the free Kobo book that had no problems and see if there is any difference when it is sideloaded.

I had problems with a book I bought from Kobo where there was one giant html file for the whole book. I didn't read it long enough to see if it caused the battery to drain, but it was very slow to turn pages. Kobo offered me store credit, but I decided to keep the book because all the problems disappeared once I ran the epub version through Calibre to break up the html file into one file per chapter.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote