View Single Post
Old 10-04-2011, 01:32 PM   #1
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
Question Importing and converting html fles

I checked the forum to see if there was a similar question to mine, but couldn't find one. I understand why calibre converts a file saved as web page, complete to a zip file since it contains photos and css and whatnot, but why does it to the same thing to a pure html file without any css or images attached? Just a simple html file containing text? The files in question are fanfiction files saved through a fanfiction downloader.

I just tried importing a few files just to check whether I was mistaking simple html files for the ones with images attached, but I'm not.

I also have a problem with the author of the story being confused with the author of the dowloader program when imported into calibre. Looking at the markup of the file, the downloader inserts <meta name='author' content='name_of_programmer' /> into the file which is read as author name by calibre. I could correct this for a few files, but I have thousands of files I plan to import and convert. Is there a way to automate this?

Thank you in advance.
citac is offline   Reply With Quote