View Single Post
Old 11-30-2013, 05:52 AM   #7
SBT
Fanatic
SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-t1, tablet, Nook Simple, assorted kindles, iPad
I do remember muttering some reprehensible phrases, struggling with PRS-505's wretched SVG implementation, which doesn't even support text centering.
Even though SVG support is much improved now, I've ended up just rotating landscape illustrations to portrait, but without reducing the resolution accordingly.
My reasons are a yearning for simplicity (or laziness, as some call it), but also that most readers support display in landscape mode, so if I really want to admire a landscape, I can flip it around. The turning point came when I read one of my books containing landscape-mode illustrations on a tablet in auto-rotate mode – whenever I flipped the tablet sideways to look at a painting, it was flipped to portrait mode...
SBT is offline   Reply With Quote